G3 Innovative Solutions
is an IT Services company founded to create innovative solutions to enhance the capabilities of our customers. G3 employees have successfully satisfied the technology needs of the U.S. Government and we continue to maintain relationships with those who have specialized expertise in the federal market. G3’s broad experience, focus toward desired outcomes, and commitment to Innovation ensures responsive and long-lasting results.
G3 Innovative Solutions is currently seeking a cyber systems engineer to support a Federal customer in Washington, DC. The engineer will be responsible for strengthening the defensive posture and cyber defense operational readiness of an IT Enterprise our Enterprise Cyber
Network Defense (ECND) program defends and protects Government assets from external Cyber Security attacks and Insider Threats that can potentially cause or create data, systems, networks, and personnel vulnerabilities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain the functionality, efficiency, and sustainment of Cyber Network Defense Infrastructure systems.
- Administrator system service accounts.
- Assist in the planning and execution of system enhancements and upgrades.
- Assist in the development of documentation on new or existing systems.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- May provide technical OJT training and guidance to less experienced team members.
- May serve as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- May provide leadership to less-experienced team members.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Implements, operates, and maintains network security devices.
- Works with security engineering team to integrate new capabilities, plan life cycle replacements, and provide input into the security architecture roadmaps.
- Creates programmatic documentation, standard operating procedures and granular process checklists.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interact with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Develops and implement testing strategies and document results.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Must have a Bachelors and eight years of experience or twelve years of experience in a similar role.
- TS/SCI w/CI Poly required
- DoD 8570 Level II Certification - CSSP Infrastructure Support
- Experience with Linux systems,
- Experience with Fire-eye, Fidelis, Proofpoint, Archer, Solera, Gigamon, or Suricata.
Benefits Offered: 401K, Medical, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision, and more
Employment Type: Full-Time
: Must currently possess at least a TS/SCI with CI Poly.