G3 Innovative Solutions
is an IT Services company founded to create innovative solutions to enhance the capabilities of our customers. G3 employees have successfully satisfied the technology needs of the U.S. Government and we continue to maintain relationships with those who have specialized expertise in the federal market. G3’s broad experience, focus toward desired outcomes, and commitment to Innovation ensures responsive and long-lasting results.
G3 Innovative Solutions is currently seeking a Linux Systems Administrator to support a Federal customer in Landover, MD. The engineer will be responsible for strengthening the defensive posture and cyber defense operational readiness of an IT Enterprise our Enterprise Cyber
Network Defense (ECND) program defends and protects Government assets from external Cyber Security attacks and Insider Threats that can potentially cause or create data, systems, networks, and personnel vulnerabilities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
- Maintain the functionality, efficiency, and sustainment of an Insider Threat Cyber System Administrator system service accounts.
- Assist in the planning and execution of system enhancements and upgrades.
- Run scripts against agents not responding
- Assist with implementing patches
- Assist in the development of documentation
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- May provide technical OJT training and guidance to less experienced team members.
- May serve as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- May provide leadership to less-experienced team members.
- Maintains the integrity and security of Linux servers
- Creates programmatic documentation, standard operating procedures and granular process checklists.
- Maintains system documentation
- Develops and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Must have a Bachelors and eight years of experience or twelve years of experience in a similar role.
- TS/SCI w/CI Poly required
- DoD 8570 Level II Certification - IASAE II
- Experience with administrating Linux operating systems.
- Experience with patching Windows clients
- Experience with SCCM
- Experience with deploying scripts
- Experience with powershell or cmd prompt
- Top Secret/SCI with CI Poly
Benefits Offered: 401K, Medical, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision, and more
Employment Type: Full-Time
: Must currently possess at least a TS/SCI with CI Poly.