G3 Innovative Solutions
is an IT Services company founded to create innovative solutions to enhance the capabilities of our customers. G3 employees have successfully satisfied the technology needs of the U.S. Government and we continue to maintain relationships with those who have specialized expertise in the federal market. G3’s broad experience, focus toward desired outcomes, and commitment to Innovation ensures responsive and long-lasting results.
G3 Innovative Solutions is currently seeking a Systems Engineer to provide overall technical, managerial, administrative direction Program and Project management and Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Support to Test, Development and Lab environments by providing services to the organization’s demonstration, piloting, development, testing, and deployment needs.
Candidate will provide engineering expertise in the analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation process of special initiatives and proposed enhancements and modifications for inclusion in Test, Development and Lab environments. All activities will ensure successful O&M of the Enterprise Lab construct to maintain the virtual, physical and Infrastructure lab environment(s). Expertise in the area of creating, maintaining, auditing, and improving systems to meet particular needs, often as advised by the architect, testing software systems to diagnose and resolve system weaknesses and make recommendations for future developments.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead team of senior engineers using a DevSecOps model · Ensure deliverables are completed, accurate, and on-schedule · Responsible for scheduling, planning, and controlling the development and delivery process.
- Provide the operation and Maintenance for all servers, remote access and LAN/WAN software and hardware. Maintenance includes (but is not limited to) backup and restoration, software upgrades, software patch installations, hardware replacements and diagnosis/resolution of any software/hardware issues.
- Plan, Configure, Operate, And Maintain Test Environments.
- Handling the Engineering DevOps team to make them deliver the services on time and will manage both IT operations and developers.
- Responsible for the Release Management lifecycle that involves the stages such as scheduling the release, coordinating between teams, and deployment of release as per the schedule and within budget.
- Release the software after completing the testing stage and deployment stage, and work closely with the application development team, testing team, and production team. Maintain proper coordination between these teams to update the project related information.
- Define the strategic usage of release management tools to manage the revenue for the release.
- Lead planning, testing, tracking, release, deployment, communication, and risk management.
- Plan the release of project deliverables and release life cycle. · Communicate the project-related tasks such as plans, timelines, requirements, etc. between different teams.
- Expertise in the Risk Management Framework (RMF) to facilitate and coordinate efforts for the accreditation and reaccreditation of applicable DoD Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) components, Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) entries, VMS entries, and any documentation to assist the DoD PKI in obtaining Designated Approval Authority to Operate, maintaining current Task Area, or Interim Authority to Test (IATT), and the DoD PKI-PIV Enterprise, as directed by the Government Task Lead for the Testing Environments.
- Coordinate the release schedule and resources required depending upon the third-party applications, defect backlogs, planned releases, and infrastructure updates.
- Identify the risks that can delay the release and manage them, such that the scope scheduled, and quality of the release is not affected.
- Track the progress and find issues, if any. Always work to improve the process of release. · Make sure that the release is planned, according to the requirements and budget.
- Schedule the release readiness reviews before deployment and milestone reviews after each release.
- Create plans for the implementation and deployment as per the release schedule.
- Plan and give weekly updates on the release activities
- Make sure the allocation of Release Engineers to every release.
- Communicate with release managers from different IT departments.
- Lead the Go-Live activities to deploy the software successfully.
- Team up with relevant development teams responsible for building the automation tools used to develop and deploy the software.
- Schedule the CAB meetings to discuss the release schedules with the team and find roadblocks, if any.
- Maintain documentation related to procedures on build and release, various notifications lists, and dependencies.
- Make improvements in the methodologies used for configuration management and development of software that helps to find ways to use in configuration management.
- Prepare implementation plans based on the results of testing and provide engineering services in the deployment of the proposed enhancements and modifications
- 7-15 years of experience
- BA/BS or equivalent years of experience
- Secret Clearance. TS preferred
- MCSE – Core Infrastructure or MSCE – Productivity
- Security + Certification (8570 compliance)
- May require additional certifications in compliance with 8570
- DevSecOps deployment model - Understanding of Agile methodology. CMMI, ITIL a plus
- Server administration - Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (Microsoft 2016/2019, Redhat Linux 6+)
- Disaster Recovery Planning – to include command and control, cloud based, and traditional datacenter)
- Remote Access Technologies – mobile (Apple/Android), VPN, DMVPN, IPSec, VDI (Citirx/AWS Workspace/Azure)